Re: ACL yellow ventilated box car

Ray Breyer

Anyone know where I can get info on the painting of this car? Such as roof,
ends and underbody, were they black or yellow or ? I have only seen one photo
of the yellow cars and can not locate same at this time.
Thanks
Ron Morse
Hi Ron,

I've got about a dozen different photos of these cars in yellow paint; I'll send them to you off list in a couple of minutes.

Essentially, the cars have all yellow bodies, boxcar brown roofs, and "grunge" underframes and trucks. Keep in mind that at least according to the ACF builder's photo collection, the road switched to brown bodies in 1911 (same lettering standards though; looks like they didn't significantly change the lettering until 1927).

Regards,

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL