Re: SP B-50-25 12 panel 40' boxcar with corrected details

Tony Thompson

Andy Carlson wrote:
The 1946 built cars came with the 5/5/5 Interim Improved Youngstown 6' door. the 1947 cars came with both 4/6/6 and 5/6/5 IYD. I just discovered a list which indicated all of these cars came with ASF A3 ride control trucks, not the Barber Lateral Motion.
Yes, the SP order summaries for ALL the cars of B-50-25 and -26 show they had ASF A3 trucks. The relevant table in my book on SP box cars says the same.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history