Re: modeling open ice hatches

John

Tony:

When I do that, I use a brush on purpose to leave faint brush strokes on the plugs (using Floquil Concrete color paint). Reason being, the plugs were covered in canvas, and the brush strokes simulate that texture. I've been doing what you describe for 20 years and never thought to write it up (Doh! on my part). Good job.

-- John

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

I have posted a discussion of ways to model open ice hatches on refrigerator cars, for example for ventilation service, to my blog, and showed photos of several models prepared in different ways. If you're interested, it is at this link:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2013/07/modeling-open-ice-hatches-on.html

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history