From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of hvyweight41
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:35 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Spotting features

Hi all-
I have seen numerous posts which discuss spotting features. I understand there are the basic differences between types and sizes of rolling stock (I.E. box versus hopper, 40 versus 50 foot, single versus double door, etc). I've read various discussions on ends, roofs, underframes and doors. I even have two of Ted Culotta's freight car handbooks with a wealth of information. Is there a consensus on the best spotting features to discriminate whether a model is correct for a given prototype or even to identify a picture?
Thanks,
Keith Kempster
Jacksonville, FL

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED