Re: NORTHERN PACIFIC BOXCAR TRUCKS

Monk Alan <Alan.Monk@...>

The other thing to bear in mind is that the specified truck would be as newly built (and for a while thereafter... couple of years maybe??)

But, once a car has been in service a few years, it's likely to have visited a RIP track (and that likelihood will increase as the car ages). There was discussion recently (either here or on another list/forum/blog) about how the RIP team were unlikely to have stocks on hand for every truck design, so may have used what was available - certainly there's photographic evidence of cars with different trucks than as delivered (even different at each end). I'm guessing that some other components were also swapped out as required which may not have been exactly like for like?

So, for older cars certainly, I don't think we should get too hung-up on 'as built' detail.

Regards,
Alan Monk
Reading, UK

The contents of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately at postmaster@... and remove it from your system. If received in error, please do not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy this email or its content. Transport for London excludes any warranty and any liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached files.

Transport for London is a statutory corporation whose principal office is at Windsor House, 42-50 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0TL. Further information about Transport for London’s subsidiary companies can be found on the following link: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/about-tfl/4510.aspx

Although TfL have scanned this email (including attachments) for viruses, recipients are advised to carry out their own virus check before opening any attachments, as TfL accepts no liability for any loss, or damage which may be caused by viruses.