Re: Help with decals for NYC

Paul De Luca

Rob, Microscale makes a set in HO scale for NYC head end passenger cars (1937-1968). Catalogue # is 87-933. I'm guessing from you're description that you're model may be a former milk car converted to handle baggage/mail. This decal set should be what you need.

Paul De Luca
NYCSHS member
Hudson Division modeler circa 1951

--- In STMFC@..., "roblmclear" <rob.mclear3@...> wrote:

Hello again

Need some more help if you can give it I am in the process of painting a New York Central wooden express reefer. Crikey I hope this is appropriate for this list, I hear it is very cold in moderator jail here....

The car is an undecorated brass model so consequently has not come with any decals. I am unsure of the lettering style and colour that was used in my period (1947) I am trying to get some custom decals made to fit the car but need to know firstly the colour, then they style and then the height of the various parts of the lettering.

For instance I have seen these cars with the letters NYC above both the numbers on both ends of the sides low down and I have seen pictures of them with just the numbers. I know that New York Central was spelled out on the sides but again don't know the size and style and colour. I know that it should be either Gold or Yellow but can't seem to identify it.

I don't know the class of the car but is wooden sides, no belt rail, round roof, with recessed ladder places on the sides and deep side sills in the middle tapering towards each end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Rob McLear
Kingaroy Australia