________________________________
From: Dan L. Merkel <danmerkel@...>
To: STMFC@...
My fear is that fewer and fewer people will take up the hobby. It used to be that one could get a few good, simple Blue Box kits, a decent locomotive and some track for well under the price of some of today's higher end RTR offerings. Where does a younger person get that kind of money? If I had to start out today, I'd probably not be able to afford the hobby either.