Re: NORTHERN PACIFIC BOXCAR TRUCKS

railsnw@frontier.com <railsnw@...>

Railway Prototype Cyclopedia 19 does list the trucks, see the caption on the top photo of page 28. Cars 28000 to 28374 were equipped with Barber S-2 and 28375 to 28749 used ASF A-3. NP 28757 and 28762 must have had trucks changed out. The Northwest Railway Museum has NP 28129 and 28417 and both have their correct trucks.

Richard Wilkens

It would be nice to know which cars had which. I have photos of
28151, 28198, 28318, 28757, 28762 and all of them are riding on
the Barber trucks. The NP equipment diagram is no help at all. :-)

http://research.nprha.org/NP%20Box%20Cars/Box%20Cars%2040%20Ft.%20Single%20Sheathed%2028000-999.jpg

Tim O'Connor