Re: Accurately scaled tank cars?

thmsdmpsy

See the recent (a few months back) comments on the Yahoo P48 group site about Lionel tank cars.  Tom Dempsey, Spokane, WA

________________________________
From: Thomas Baker <bakert@andrews.edu>
To: "STMFC@yahoogroups.com" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:36 PM
Subject: [STMFC] RE: Accurately scaled tank cars?

Group,

I try to coax a relative into moving from hi-rail to scale. I have modified some of his hi-rail cars that are scale or very close to it with more realistic graphics using proper decals. Since I do not model in O, nor do I have access to items in that scale, I am wondering whether Lionel tank cars are even close to scale. Perhaps, if they are, a member has transformed such a car into something looking more realistic. than what comes from the factory.

Tom Baker