Re: My first airbrush

Bruce Smith

Keith,

What airbrush to use is a topic akin to religion. Everyone has their own idea of what is best. Likely, we'll now hear a long litany of "I use XYZ and love it..." with more brands named than you can count. Instead of doing that, I suggest that you do two things. Fist think about versatility. You may not use acrylics right now, for example, but that is definitely the trend in the paint industry, so you might want to purchase an airbrush designed to work well with them. Second, test drive a few to see how YOU like them. (Oh and there are lengthy discussions in the archives on how to best use any number of airbrushes)

Regards
Bruce (a Badger 220 user)
Bruce Smith
Auburn AL
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:47 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] My first airbrush

I see the need to plan to acquire an airbrush for my modeling efforts. This may be off topic for this group but I was wondering if you all have any input on what direction I should go. If off topic, feel free to contact me off list.
I already have a compressor in my garage. I'm looking at the A7778 Metal Body Airbrushby Testor. It's probably more than I need right now, but I figure I'll grow into it. I've seen other brands like Badger, Paasche and Iwata. All get good reviews. I'm sure there are favorites out there. Oh, I will be using it for general painting as well weathering.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Keith Kempster
Jacksonville, FL

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.