Re: True Line trains slab side CN covered hopper now CP Mini-Box

Tony Thompson

Bruce Smith wrote:
Absolutely! Shipments from Canada to just about anywhere in the US could be carried in these cars. The real issue is that they were not supposed to be used for complete movements on this side of the border.
I know this was the rule. But in the conductor books I have from the SP Coast Line in 1948-1952, of the three Canadian cars which show up (out of about 2000 cars total), two are being reloaded in California.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history