Re: True Line trains slab side CN covered hopper

midrly

These cars were a predecessor of the Canadian cylindrical covered hoppers still on the rails today, a large number being built and paid for by the Canadian government when CN and CP refused to invest in new cars to haul grain in the 1970's. The "Crow rate" of 1/2 cent CDN per ton mile for much Canadian grain traffic discouraged investment in new rolling stock for this traffic from the 1950's on.

Which brings us back to STMFC's, because I hear those Moderator Jail cell doors creaking...

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., cwilson@... wrote:

Since you asked here is a link: http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cp/cp387167ajs.jpg

But this is straying outside the guidelines as the tank hoppers were built after 1960.

CW

--- In STMFC@..., thetrainman00@ wrote:

Hi,

Tank hoppers is a new one on me. Can anyone share a photo of one. Thanks
in advance.

Happy Model Railroading,
Jim Krapf