Re: Canadian 8-hatch reefers; was True Line trains slab side CN covered hopper

midrly

I recall that some Canadian meat products found their way into the US back then, fish being one that I recall. Perhaps Kosher product for New York City? I was told that the NYC had some Kosher traffic ex Chicago.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., "Don" <riverman_vt@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., "Bill" <wpmccoy@> wrote:

Any comments or thoughts on the True line CN slab side covered
hopper? Did they ever come to the US?

This question has already received appropriate response but had me wondering again about the same question applied to the 8-hatch reefers also used by both of the two large Canadian roads. In watching a railroad video over the weekend the answer became clear with at least the CNR gray 8-hatch reefers when one appeared on a train photographed in southern New England. I'm not going to speculate on how many or how far they came into the US but clearly at least one car can be documented from wich I will speculate that it was not the only one. As we used to hear quite often, "There's a prototype for everything".

Cordially, Don Valentine