St. Louis RPM Thursday Events

golden1014

Friends,

For those of you arriving early to the St. Louis area for this weekend’s St. Louis RPM meet, we have two events happening on Thursday, Aug 1st. First, the Litchfield Train Group is having an open house for RPM attendees from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.The club has a large HO scale layout, 44' x 50’, Digitrax DCC, 90% scenicked, set in the 1960s Midwest (although models of all eras are run at times).The layout is located in the Ameriprise Financial building downtown at 510 N. State Street, Litchfield, Il. 62056.Litchfield is about 45 minutes from the Gateway Center in Collinsville, IL. If you have any questions please contact Lonnie Bathurst at (217) 556-0314.
Second, we are hosting our annual, informal BBQ dinner at Bandana’s BBQ, located at 4 Commerce Drive, Collinsville, IL, right next to the Gateway Center. We have 30 seats reserved and the meal is pay-as-you-go.Arrival is at 6:00 p.m. and we can stay as long as we want to BS and harrass the waitresses--or get harrassed by the waitresses, as often happens...
Remember, we will have three home layouts open on Friday evening after the dinner hour.The layouts are all in the beautiful St. Charles area in the western St. Louis suburbs.John Russell’s O-scale Rock Island transition-era layout, Ron Schlueter’s HO-scale 1956-era D&RGW Tennessee Pass layout (featuring actual areas on the pass), and Bill Wehmeier HO scale M-K-T late 1960s Kansas City layout (featured in Great Model Railroads, 2006) will be open from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. for registered attendees.You do not need to register for these layout visits.Maps will be available at the meet on Friday.If you do not wish to visit the home layouts, the RPM room at the Gateway Center will be open until 9:00 p.m. for shopping and BS-ing.
Also, late-breaking news—The Terminal Railroad Association Historical & Technical Society is providing a gift for the first 150 attendees at the meet.Thanks to our friend Larry Thomas of the TRRA Historical Society for his generosity!You can read more about the TRRA HS at trra-hts.railfan.net.
Thanks, and we’ll see you in St. Louis!
Signed,
Loren Casey
Clark Propst