Re: Color for Bangor and Aroostook box car

al_brown03

Forgot to say if I were modelling one of these cars in service, I'd just paint it Floquil BCR and weather from there. The photos show several subtly different shades of weathered paint.

AL B.

--- In STMFC@..., "al_brown03" <abrown@...> wrote:

Most of the photos in Sweetland and Horsley, "Northern New England Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment", pp 9-15, suggest that the color is a mainstream BCR. I could be convinced that newly-painted cars had an Oxide tinge.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@..., "krowth3249" <kenwroth@> wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone knows the shade of boxcar red used by the B&A. I would love a mix based on Floquil or Scalecoat, but at least I would like to know if it leaned towards the Oxide Red, or Brown end of the spectrum, or was basically in the middle of the range.

Thanks,
Ken Roth