Re: Looking for a Short Line

Armand Premo

Suggest looking at the Montpelier &Wells River,Barre& Chelsea , the White River,or the St J & LC. and of course the short ,short line the Bristol Railroad.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: Craig Zeni
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:20 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re:Looking for a Short Line

On Aug 6, 2013, at 6:31 AM, STMFC@yahoogroups.com wrote:
> 2a. Looking for a Short Line
> Posted by: "John Miller" amwing1588@sbcglobal.net amwing1588@sbcglobal.net
> Date: Mon Aug 5, 2013 6:59 pm ((PDT))
>
> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if this is the correct venue to ask this, but I will anyway. I need help in discovering a short line RR set in the early to mid 1930's (depression era). I would like to be able to research it through visits, photo's and books and then build a layout and fill it with the correct types of rolling stock appropriate for that time period.
> The short line I'm interested in modeling would have had it's own road name (or even one of a major line)along with it's own rolling stock, but would also move a lot of interchange cars along it's line and might include rolling stock...from milk cars, log cars, covered hoppers to 50' auto boxes and Oh ya...lots of small to medium steamers. I've been modeling the larger mainline roads for years, but just find myself yearning for something special. There are so many of these branch lines/short lines across the country, and that being said, I'd like to hear from you all, which ones you like and why. At this point, I don't have a geographical preference, so let the suggestions fly.

New York, Ontario & Western. Lots of small to medium steam engines (biggest was a class of 4-8-2s built with the NYC L2s) but mostly consolidations, camel backs (double cabs in O&W parlance), ten wheelers with many available in brass over the years. If you dieselize it's bog easy with FTs, F3s, NWs and 44 tonners. Bridge traffic, coal traffic, milk traffic, an active historical society too. I fascinating, charming road full of personality and operationally interesting.

Craig Zeni
Cary NC