Re: Atlas USRA rebuild.

prr6380

I think that the short answer is that because it is a rebuilt, each railroad's master mechanic had different ideas on just how to do it. Trying to use one set of dies to reproduce all these variations is pretty hard.

Walt Stafa

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <riverman_vt@...> wrote:

In the discussion of the Atlas 1932 ARA box car over the last day or so someone wondered how Atlas did such a great job on the 1932 ARA car but such an abysmal job on the USRA rebuild. While I hate to risk
opening a whole can of worms can someone inform me of just what is so terrible about the USRA rebuild?

Thanks in advance, Don Valentine