From: Nelson Moyer <ku0a@mchsi.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2013 9:43 AM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] 36-foot boxcars

<I also have a few undec MDC 36-foot kits around in case they may be good
for something.>

Bill Welch

Bill,

MDC 36 ft. double-sheathed boxcars are good for bunk house conversions,
either as single cars, or as two cars placed end-to-end. I've found
dimensions matching these boxcar bunkhouse configurations in CB&Q alignment
charts, and I've found photographs of them as well. I don't think I'd
sacrifice a resin kit, but MDC kits or RTR cars are great kitbashing
material. The resin kits can be turned into credible bunk cars.

Nelson Moyer