Re: interstate 94 - any preserved equipment to see on the way?

aaejj2j

Along US2 in through ND and eastern MT you will find GN cabooses at museum in Rugby and a park in Minot and then a GN steam loco in Williston. Then more GN cabooses in MT and another GN steam loco in Havre. Some additional old equipment which I do not remember. All very easy stops close to US2.
Farther south along I-94 in ND you can see some equipment including a 4-4-0 at a museum in West Fargo, then at Jamestown, and again just off the interstate in Mandan. All a bit of the interstate but more attraction for the family (except perhaps the Mandan RR museum). MT along I-94 I do not remember.
Tyrone Johnsen
Rockford, IL

--- In STMFC@..., Robert Kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

Hi there - I'll be heading west on highway 2 in North Dakota and then
interstate 94 most of tomorrow and Thursday (working my way to Portland
before heading north). Wondering what there might be to see in terms of
steam era preserved freight cars along that route. One or two stops is
about all the family will cope with so I'm interested in just about any
standard gauge possibilities.

Rob Kirkham