Re: 2013 St. Louis RPM Meet Report

golden1014

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your kind comments. I have a long way to go ont he PBase site--still 150 photos to load, then captions, etc. I'll get to it as work, family, stuff allows.

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL

--- In STMFC@..., "paul.doggett2472" <paul.doggett2472@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., John Golden <golden1014@> wrote:

Friends,                  The 2013 St. Louis Railroad Prototype Modeler’s (RPM) Meet was held on Friday, August 2nd and Saturday, August 3rd at the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville, Illinois.The event was co-sponsored by the Gateway Division, Mid-Continent Region, National Model Railroad Association (the Gateway NMRA Division is at http://www.gatewaynmra.org/default.htm.)
265 modelers from the U.S. and Canada attended the event, bringing 1,350 models for display and operation.Attendees brought models of all scales, sizes and gauges, including rolling stock, structures, non-revenue equipment, modules, and other items pertaining to prototype railroad modeling for display and discussion. There are no contests at St. Louis RPMâ€"models were brought for discussion and so modelers can share their best work, techniques and new ideas with other modelers.
In addition to model displays, The Midwest Valley Modelers brought a large, operating 15 x 40-foot modular layout for display in our main lobby.
Clinics were provided by Charlie Duckworth (Modeling the MP Bagnell Branch), James McNab (Endless Horizon on the Grimes Line), Jason Klocke (Modeling the Corn Belt Route), Gerry Albers (Operating the Deepwater District), Ryan Crawford (C&IM Commodities in 1989), Dave Roeder (Ops Sessions: Getting Started), David Lehlbach (P-S Covered Hoppers 1940 â€" 1981), Jack Spencer (Transition-era Freight Car Brake Systems), Dave Schroedle (Easy Weathering with AIM Powders), Steven Funaro (Resin Freight Car Construction Techniques), Blaine Hadfield (ExactRail), and David Owens (C&EI Hoppers).Thank you for bringing new clinics, ideas and encouragement to the hobby, and for helping our event to be a big success.
Our event also featured a number of hands-on workstations, including The Weathering Shop (see their amazing website at http://theweatheringshop.com/), Dave Schroedle of Protoweathering.com, Grex Airbrushes, and Badger Airbrushes.
Our vendors included Bob’s Photos, Tangent Scale Models, Cannon& Co., Moloco, Plano, LokSound, ExactRail, Rails Unlimited, Funaro & Camerlengo, Railshop Ltd., ICG Custom Decals, Grex Airbrushes, CRM Hobbies, Big Four Graphics, American Model Builders, Badger Airbrush, Mike Gruber Photos, Stan Rydarowicz Models, John Fuller Photos, Moon Dog Railcars, Mask Island Decals, Mike Kelley books, OST Publications, and we were fortunate to debut a new company, Weathering Solutions.We also hosted the New York Central, Wabash, Missouri Pacific, C&EI, GM&O, Nickel Plate, Central of Georgia, Illinois Terminal, Terminal RR Association and C&NW historical societies.
Many thanks to our home layout hosts in St. Charles, Missouri, including John Russell and his amazing O-scale Rock Island transition-era layout, Ron Schlueter’s HO-scale 1956-era D&RGW Tennessee Pass layout, and Bill Wehmeiers HO scale M-K-T late 1960s Kansas City layout.
We are grateful to our vendors and historical societies for donating door prizes for our guests.We are also grateful for all the manufacturers that provided door prizes and other gifts and information for our attendees.As always, our crew was humbled by the generosity of manufacturers and our vendors.We would also like to thank the Terminal Railroad Association for donating 150 annual publications (a $35.00 value) for the first 150 attendees.Thanks to Larry Thomas and the boys at the TRRA HS for being so generous!
Photos will be posted shortly at our PBase website, located at http://www.pbase.com/golden1014.A printable flyer of our 2013 meet can be found at http://icg.home.mindspring.com/rpm/stlrpm.htmand http://icg.home.mindspring.com/rpm/stlrpm.pdf.
We’ll see you next year in St. Louis!Planning for our 2014 RPM Meetâ€"our eighth annual gatheringâ€"is already underway.We’ll get back with you soon with dates, locations, and more event details.If you have any comments on how we can do things better, or if you’d like to be a vendor or bring your historical society or modular layout, please don’t hesitate to contact John Golden at Golden1014@(812) 929-7181, or Lonnie Bathurst at bathurst@ (217) 556-0314.
Signed,
Lonnie Bathurst
Clark Propst
Loren Casey
Dan Kohlberg
John Golden

Thank you for sharing some great modelling and stunning weathering photos it must have been a great meet.
Paul Doggett
bury England