Re: Rutland PS-1

Tim O'Connor

Phil

Uh-oh, you're not one of the "yellow roofers" are ya? :-)

Clearly, some had yellow roofs, some did not. Has anyone ever
figured out which cars had which?

I'm looking at a nice photo of brand new R #248, with a plain
galvanized roof and black seam caps. This is one of Kadee's
car numbers, but not Steamshack's.

Tim O'

Bill,

These have not been done by Kadee, but they have been by "The Steamshack",
a hobby shop in Rutland, VT as kits or RTR. Roger Dumas owns The Steamshack
and is involved with the RRHS. The later runs, which were done by
Intermountain, are considered by many as the most accurate of all models of
the Rutland PS-1's. The lettering comes from paint diagrams from the
Rutland, have metal roof-walks, yellow roofs, proper brake wheel and metal
wheel sets. When I last talked to Roger a month or so ago, he had some RTR
cars left, but I don't recall what numbers they were that he had.

Steamshack's contact information - *The Steam Shack*. 98 Allen Street, *
Rutland*, *Vermont* USA 05701. Telephone: 802-775-1679

If you'd like to know what numbers were made, go to
http://www.rutlandrr.org/resources/models/ . There is a listing of PS-1's
that have been done in HO scale.

Hope this helps.

Phil