Re: Rutland PS-1

Armand Premo

The original cars were used extensively for PR purposes for the general public,but mainly for potential customers and may have had painted roofs.I have taken pictures from above and the paint did not fully cover the roof and appeared to be applied in an irregular pattern suggesting over-spray.I stand by my original statement that the roofs were not pained silver either ,but were unpainted. galvanize.I defer to Steve Mumley for additional comments.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: Phillip Blancher
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Rutland PS-1

That same article by Chris Martin states that the roofs were painted
yellow. Cars 100-107 were delivered to the Rutland in time for the county
fair that year. It is unknown if PS offered the 8 cars to get rid of them
and the Rutland, being a frugal New England road, got a deal. Or if the
Rutland went to PS and asked if they could get something quick in the new
scheme to show off. We likely will never know that. Either way, many
photos, colour and black and white, were taken of 100 when on display, and
it had a yellow roof.

From Martin's article, "If this theory holds water, the yellow roofs of
100-107 may have covered up the black roofs that were the Erie's
preference."

Phil

--
Phillip Blancher