Re: Ever heard of a "STU pipe" or a "stew pipe"?

Michael Watnoski

Hi Kent,

The vertical pipe on the B end is the line to the retainer valve. I haven't heard of it being called a stew pipe though.


On 8/22/2013 8:10 PM, Kent Sullivan wrote:
I'm completing the transcription of 3 hours of interviews with a vet who, unfortunately, recently passed on. In all 45 pages of material, there's only one word we can't figure out. It's in the context of telling a story about almost falling off a grain car and getting run over by it. As he tells it, what saved him was having his arm wrapped around the "STU" pipe or "stew" pipe. I know there is a vertical pipe on the "B" end of the car but I've never heard that term before. Any ideas? This would have been sometime in the mid- to late '70s.




Yahoo! Groups Links

Join to automatically receive all group messages.