From: "Gatwood, Elden SAW" <elden.j.gatwood@usace.army.mil>
To: "STMFC@yahoogroups.com" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:15 AM
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] [STMFC] Re: Bessemer & Lake Erie large herald date (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Tim;

Digging up info on the "steel" roads is incredibly hard, since they swapped around and rebuilt equipment with great regularity and little documentation, but the "37 AAR" cars B&LE owned do seem to have been largely rebuilt with new side sill reinforcements, roofs and other enhancements starting that year. The bright orange paint and big logo were not applied to anything else I have seen evidence of. Some of the B&LE cars went to EJ&E, with simple paint outs. Lots of gons went back and forth, but there has not been a lot of discussion on those. The 50-foot gon done up by F&C made its rounds, from URR to B&LE, LT, and others. It would make a great research project....

Elden Gatwood