From: Charles Tapper <charlestapper@yahoo.com>
To: "STMFC@yahoogroups.com" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] [STMFC] Re: Bessemer & Lake Erie large herald date (UNCLASSIFIED)

The URR gons didn't go to LT. They bought them new...different build year and different builder. The McKCRR cars also are not URR cars.  I have seen builders photos of all three. And there are subtle differences between at least the McKCRR cars and the URR cars.

I was unaware of any of the URR 6000 or 9000 series cars going to B&LE, but would like to know that...  Somebody on another list stated that these URR 50' cars were rebuilt into the G-11 gondolas in the fifties. I have no way of verifying that, but they disappear from the ORERs quickly in the early '50s IIRC.

Charlie Tapper