From: Bruce F. Smith <smithbf@auburn.edu>
To: "<STMFC@yahoogroups.com>" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Milk Car Placards

Folks,

Here's my challenge <G> SUPPLEE MILK placards (in HO).
http://www.trainweb.org/everett/library/hbtm/photos/hbtm37-bedford-19510000002.jpg
http://www.trainweb.org/everett/library/hbtm/photos/hbtm37-bedford-19510000001.jpg

Solution #1 - cut out the decal (that I printed) - Seriously? What was I thinking? Cutting those complex letters with a hobby knife? I'm not that good!
Solution #2 - laser cut the letters from card stock and then decal. Closer, but the cutter I used did not cut cleanly enough
Solution #3 - etched brass. The masks are done, the brass is ready... just need to etch me some letters! Maybe this weekend.... Once etched, I will paint the letters white and decal them while still on the fret and then cut them off, touch up the paint and apply to the car side.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL