Re: Train-Miniature; was Hendrickson truck update

Scott Pitzer

Some guys were upset if they would no longer be getting model trucks with springs that were about 5% metal and 95% open space, to represent prototype trucks that appear to be about 99% solid and 1% open space.
Scott Pitzer

On Sep 1, 2013, at 5:30 AM, "Don" <riverman_vt@yahoo.com> wrote:
Funny thing about those old T-M sprung trucks. Back in the 1970's I was in the Keene, NH area for some years and sold a lot of T-M
rolling stock there. When T-M changed to solid rather than sprung
trucks there was a noticeable small drop in sales. I called Mr. Hollow of T-M about it and still remember his solution very well.
He asked how many T-M cars with solid trucks I had in stock and in responce to my reply sent me an equal number of sprung trucks plus a few extra for addditional cars that would be received. And he closed by telling me that when some more were needed to let him know. The
trucks were simply swapped, the solid ones returned to him and everyone was happy.