Re: New InterMountain C&O hopper

Armand Premo

Could one then assume that the major players would be the B&O,Pennsy,and NYC?Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: cnw1045@gmail.com
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2013 9:49 PM
Subject: [STMFC] RE: Re: New InterMountain C&O hopper

Hi Don, I think there were modelable rail flows of bituminous coal from W. Va. to Vt., N.H., and Maine. For Vermont and New Hampshire, the 1% carload waybill survey suggest in 1952 and 1957 that all rail flows were dominant; for Maine marine/rail redistributional shipments were dominant. I've posted the data here together with some comments: http://cnwmodeling.blogspot.com/2013/09/on-stfmc-list-don-valentine-wrote.html Regards, Charles Hostetler --- In stmfc@yahoogroups.com, <riverman_vt@...> wrote: Ahhh, but that's the point, Tim. Those states are not northern New England. What coal came into northern New England from the N&W, C&O
and Virginian areas I suspect came in on water and was delivered from
places like Boston, Salem, Portsmouth, Portland and Searsport in hopper cars of teh B&M, MEC and BAR rather than those of the originating roads. Thus I'll find a way to justify one InterMountain C&O hopper rather than four or five and be satisfied with that.

Cordially, Don Valentine