Re: SLSF hopper cars

Michael Aufderheide

Jared,

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but I do have in a conductor's log car # 89216 going loaded with coal north on the Monon to Chicago, on August 28, 1948.  The car was loaded online.

By the by, what kind of car is this?  Any way to model it in HO?  I do not have any Frisco hoppers.

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide

--- In STMFC@..., <stmfc@...> wrote:

Since our house fire most of my railroad materials are packed up and inaccessible.  I do have a Santa Fe Form 815 that lists cars through Hessdale and Eskridge from 1957-1972.  This is past my May 1943 modeling era, but I am wondering if the SLSF hoppers that delivered a lot of coal to Eskridge might be older and still fit my era.  The cars range in number from 88229-92886 in the book.  Anyone have data on these cars?

Jared Harper
Athens, GA