Re: PFE Steel reefers

Tony Thompson

Dick Harley wrote:

Here's some data that might affect Fenton's decision about his R-40-23 bodies.

For steel cars, you don't need nearly as many R-40-14s and -20s as you do R-40-10s, R-40-23s or -25s.

      Similar data are in my RMC articles from 20-some years ago, and of course in the PFE book. They are also laid out for 1953 (my modeling year) in one of my early blog posts, where I discussed proportioning one's freight car fleet to that of the prototype. That post, with table, is at this link:

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history