Re: Back to Freight cars - was RE: The bicycle is gone

Douglas Harding

Dave the photo is of the MILW Bensenville yard near Chicago, taken in May 1943 by Jack DeLano. It is from the Library of Congress online photo collection at www.loc.gov The photo is http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1992000843/PP/  you can download a 138mb tif file if you wish.

As the photo was taken in May I doubt there is any snow visible. I lightened it in Photoshop and it shows a variety of roof colors, including galvanized roofs, but no snow. As to the 36’ car between the MILW and SOU cars, it does appear to say Dixie Lines on the black shield logo.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org