From: Benjamin Hom
To: STMFC
Sent: Sun, Oct 6, 2013 9:33 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Re: NYS&W PS-1 (was: NYS&W composite side/end z-section howe truss PSC 40' boxcar)

Ben Scanlon wrote:
As for the Kadee boxcar, I don't want to be too critical but their rendering of the 'S' logo:
http://www.kadee.com/ca/40ps1/40ps1b.htm

is a bit off:
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/nysw/nysw-x401akg.jpg

Careful, Ben.  You're comparing apples and oranges here - the prototype photo you linked to appears to be a later repaint.  I'll leave it to Sam Clarke to confirm this, but the Kadee model is as built by Pullman-Standard.  A bit of advice - if you're going to chuck rocks at any manufacturer, you better have your facts straight.

Ben Hom