Re: Hutchins roofs

dahminator68

Hello:  I have available the 4/4 Dreadnaught ends and Hutchins roofs.  I will list more details about them on Friday.
Andrew Dahm

From: Rich C
To: "STMFC@..."
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Hutchins roofs

I had no problem ordering those roofs along with other detail parts from Claire at Sylvan. That was back in February of this year.

Rich Christie

On Friday, October 18, 2013 8:51 AM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

Ben, I had a similiar problem and they made a new mold and shipped the castings to my local hobby shop.  They even called my local hobby shop and said they would do that to accept the order.  The parts look great and I used one set (roof) on a SR 40 DD rebuild.  I do think they are losing interest due to lac of sales however.  Most of us don't kit bash any more.
Fenton Wells

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Brian Carlson <prrk41361@...> wrote:

Be advised a little over a year ago (maybe more), I inquired about getting  various ends and roofs to create CN and CP boxcars from Stafford Swain’s (I think) articles in RMC from years ago. I was told at the time the roof castings and ends were out of stock/discontinued as he was concentrating on vehicles.  I have been looking on the secondary market now, but these parts just haven’t shown up. Maybe/hopefully the situation has changed. I have a pile of Black Cat decals and undec boxcars waiting to get built.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga, NY