From: Tony Thompson
To: STMFC
Sent: Tue, Oct 22, 2013 1:14 am
Subject: [STMFC] Re: C& BT back in business

       Not sure why all the criticism of these cars. The bodies are largely quite well done. I have said for years, "just throw away all the detail sprues and replace with quality parts," and would still say so. I don't have any of the cast-on parts cars, so am talking about the original, add-the-details cars. When I lived in Pittsburgh, I knew Dick Schweiger, and I can attest to his fine model-building skills. He completely understands what is involved, but simply could not find a mold maker who could do what was needed. He did indeed get tired of the complaints about the quality of details, which is why he went the cast-on route. I see lots of abuse here on that score. Can you say "Accurail?"

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history