Re: Tangent three-dome takn car

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 27, 2013, at 4:43 PM, asychis@... wrote:

Just got my Tangent Celanese cars yesterday.  Absolutely wonderful!  The details are amazing.  Question, since we will have a Celanese plant at Kings Mill, TX on the Amarillo Railroad Museum layout,  We're interested in other cars that would be appropriate.  I not that InterMountain is coming out with their Type 27 8,000 gallon tank car decorated for Celanese.  Is it accurate?  Thanks,

Jerry Michels

Jerry, Celanese never owned its own tank cars and, as far as I know, they leased exclusively from General American.  At least, all of the 10+ photos I have of Celanese cars show them to be of General American design and bearing GATX reporting marks.  So I'm sorry to tell you that the IM model is almost certainly bogus.  Also, BTW, most (though not all) Celanese cars were insulated and many of those cars had dome platforms and railings.

Richard Hendrickson