Re: metal tank cars

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor wrote:

Yes, I have 2-dome and 1-dome Sohos from my dad's collection.

They are 'simplified' (to be kind). The tank sits on the center sill,
there is no saddle, and no bolster. I think the 2-dome is oversize, a
10k (more or less). The platforms are pseudo-GATC style. And the elbows
are funky too. On the other hand they are brass, and will stand up to
handling better than the super-detailed plastic stuff.

What was the name of that vendor who makes beautiful lost wax elbows?
If I recall they were discussed on the espee list?

   Owl Mountain Models. And yes, they are beautiful.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history