Re: Red Devil Coal Loader

Roland Levin

Hi Richard

Red Devil coal loaders were used in both Alamosa and Antonito to load steam engines. They did not have the same construction. You can see some differences between the two if you compare photos. I have not seen any drawings for any of the two but there is lots of photos available through Internet.

This is a link to one of the photos:

http://narrowgaugememories.com/index.php/Rio-Grande-in-the-60s/alamosatochama/DRGWalareddevil950

Regards

Roland Levin