Getting started......

Timothy Cannon

I am changing from HO to P48 and need some advice and info.

1. I plan on using Micro Engineering Flex Track code 125.What do I use for rail joiners? Should I use prefab turnouts or lay my own, which I've never done before?

2. I like to scratch build my rolling stock. Where do I find scribed wood for siding and what would the spacing be for? I plan to model the 1900-1930 time period. Where do I find details for that period rolling stock? I plan on building several boxcars so I need to keep the cost down. What are decent priced trucks and couplers in bulk and who sells them?

3. What is the recommended colors for these cars in general? What is the best source for this color of paint? Scalecoat?

Thanks!

Tim