Re: St. Louis RPM Thursday Events

Douglas Harding

Tim, No, no children. But I read surveys and reports, including those that come out of my Denomination Offices. Facebook announced at the end of October a decline in use by teens. Granted the vast majority of teens are glued to their smart phones and Facebook. But even Facebook cannot keep them. Do a quick search on the subject and you will find many news reports such as: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-social-sites-cooler-than-facebook-2013-11-01

This is getting far away from Steam Era Freight Cars, of which most teens have no clue. It is up to us “old fogies” to continue building models and doing research to ensure the subject of Steam Era Freight Cars is well documented for future generations to discover when they are ready for a hobby or show an interest in what is quickly becoming history.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org