Re: Tidewater Southern PS-1 decals

Rich C

Tim, I hope Hubert is inspired also. Until then I will stick with my original plan. I don't have an Intermountain PS1 for this project but a lesser quality PS1 in a Robins Rails kit. I have all the fine Kadee and other manufacturers details though and can live with it. Narrowing the door opening would be shrinking each side of the opening by 6" because the doors are centered. One plus on the RR kit is the door tracks are seperate so I can cut and fill as needed.

Rich Christie

On Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:30 PM, Rich C wrote:

Gang, I happen to have that TS Cornucopia set. Now I know what to use it on. Will get the Microscale WP/SN/TS Caboose set for the roadname etc.

The target car is a spare Robins Rails 50' SD. WIll need to shrink the door opening and modify the sidesill. I am not gutsy enough to 'bash 2 Intermountain kits to get one 50' car with 8' doors. Also will need to order Kadees 8' Superior's.

Thanks for the incentive.

Rich Christie

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:30 PM, Hubert Mask wrote:

That is a nice looking car.

Hubert Mask

Mask Island Decals

  maskislanddecals.com

To: stmfc@...
From: ealabhan0@...
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 19:47:48 -0800
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Tidewater Southern PS-1 decals

In stmfc@..., Tim O'Connor asked: "  has anyone done HO decals for this Tidewater Southern PS-1 box car?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/370909000976"

Tim,
     To the best of my knowledge, only Walthers has offered anything close: the "Serving California's Heartland" cornucopia came in their 144-10 set, but with white lettering; their set 144-20 set has yellow lettering, but with a larger stacked "Tidewater Southern" and other markings specifically for TS 601-610 insulated plugdoor boxcars with PC loaders.
     Kadee has tooled 8ft 6-panel Superior doors as used on several TS and WP 50ft single-door PS-1 series, but unfortunately has not produced these cars so far.  Fervent prayer has not been answered yet ...
Dave Sieber, Reno NV