Re: MKT 79000 series boxcars

Tim O'Connor

Ken, it looks extremely similar to War Emergency box cars. I don't know
what else it could be.

Tim O'Connor

In Tom Dill's Southern Pacific in Oregon Pictorial, there is a picture on page 46 of a Katy single-sheathed box with 5/5 dreadnaught ends and Youngstown steel door. It appears to be painted in the Yellow scheme (black and white photo, but lettering is clearly black on light body color). I have the 1950 ORER which says the series is 79000-79157. It's a 10'6" ht, 42 foot length. Does anyone know of drawings or a possible starting point for a kit-bash? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken Roth