Re: 3M contact adhesive between 2 release layers 467MP

william darnaby

I will second what the Doctor said and point out that his most valuable tip for using Barge Cement is to drill a .020 hole in the center of the cap.  This facilitates the application of small amounts and the straight pin used to plug the hole also makes a useful applicator.

Bill Darnaby (at a loss for big words like armamentarium)

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Anspach Denny
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 9:10 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: 3M contact adhesive between 2 release layers 467MP

About 15 years years ago, I began using Barge Cement routinely for one step mounting of running boards- metal, plastic, and wood. A tiny amount does it; the boards almost immediately are tacked-down, the setting time allows manipulation and/or the application of "contact" methods, and…. the boards stay. These are few downsides.  It is right on my mind as I speak inasmuch as I just negotiated with Barge Cement a neat but ornery retrofit of a Kadee running board on a model not designed for it.

For a long time, Barge Cement has for me been one of the most important and useful glues in my model adhesive armamentarium.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD

Sacramento

Please make note of my new eMail address.