New Book for Sale

reporterllc

I'm a member of this group though I haven't posted for a while and would like to announce the publication of "Railroading on the Wabash Fourth District" that I wrote. Though this book is a Wabash RR book, there should be plenty of information for modelers including some rolling stock in much of the steam era photography. (Most of the photos are B&W though there are some color photos in the back.)

Please go to www.erstwhilepublications.com and view and scroll down the Ready Track Page.

The book is a scholarly history of the Wabash Railroad's Fourth District that ran from Montpelier, Ohio through Northern Indiana to Chicago but almost half of the book is in the own words of Wabash railroaders. Also included are hundreds of photographs, track diagrams, maps and information and photos on B&B, motive power and rolling stock. Admittedly, the book is slanted toward the steam and steam-diesel transition era, though it covers the line to 1964 with a postscript chapter.

The books are scheduled to ship by truck to me December 20, 2013 but I am offering a pre-publication promotion of $5.00 off the list price until December 31, 2013. (See the website.)

I do not have electronic ordering and payment set up yet but hope to get that worked out in the next week or so. Otherwise, the Ordering Page should give you all the information you need to place an order by check or money order.

Victor Baird
Erstwhile Publications
Fort Wayne, Indiana