Re: Question for Steve Hile, or whoever answers : )

spsalso

I forgot, too.  Must be something in the cranberry dressing.

Ed

Edward Sutorik

---In STMFC@..., <atkott@...> wrote:

Sorry, I hit send before signing my name to the last post!

A.T. Kott

---In STMFC@..., <atkott@...> wrote:

Guys - The B&O, C&O and some of the Erie quad offset hopper cars were about 1'-6"  IL longer that the remainder of the Erie cars, and all of the MP, M-K-T,  B&M, and perhaps C&NW cars.  This is discussed in the book, Coal Cars, and in old messages here.  The larger capacity cars were built to a proposed design that was later finalized to the general dimensions of the smaller MP, etc. cars.  I do not know which plan the model follows, having never been in HO; however, the plan for the B&O cars was in several of the CBC's.  In O scale, we have the older, larger cars as brass models from PSC (PSC#15060 for B&O and PSC#15263 for C&O with peaked ends).

---In STMFC@..., <Edwardsutorik@...> wrote:

Armand,

The prototype for this car is the B&O class W-2 hopper.  They were built in 1926.

432000-432999 by Bethlehem

433000-433999 by Baltimore Car & Foundry