Re: Question for Steve Hile, or whoever answers : )

Greg Martin

Armand and Bruce,

The Boston and Maine cars came by a deal struck between the B&O and the B&M as a swap for B&M steam engines and B&O open top IIRC.

The New Haven also acquired some 4 bay hoppers in a post 1960's lease agreement.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 11/30/2013 1:59:02 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, smithbf@... writes:
Armand,

A quick search of the archives reveals that the Athearn offset quad is perfect for a
number of pre-WWII hoppers, especially the B&M, B&O, C&O, DL&W, Erie,
MEC, M-K-T, MP.  This comes from a conversation we had about an "iron modeler" contest a few years back and in fact, Ted has given me the go ahead to use this project to restart the Virtual Modelers group.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL