Re: 2014 SHAKE N TAKE Scope of project and sign up begins

Tim O'Connor

Not to mention two of Sunshine's earliest kits, 2.2 (box car red)
and 2.4 (green & yellow).

Still, I am interested in the Santa Fe and especially the FDDM&S cars,
so I look forward to parts and decals that will enable me to model those.

Tim O'Connor

  > The Sunshine kits covered CNW cars 65000-67418 (even only) and
    CMO 37100-37498 (even only). The CMO cars were rebuilt again into
    the 1658-1844 series and painted green and yellow.
    Bill Darnaby

This is the official announcement for the 2014 Prototype Rails SHAKE N TAKE for our 14th annual event and in the words of our own Mont Switzer a "Bash at the Beach".
This year with the help from Des Plaines Hobbies/Centraila Shops our project will be the  1937 rebuilt USRA Double Sheathed CNW/CMO 40-foot boxcars. The ends will be a composite (resin) from rebuilt Tichy ends (thanks again to Don Tichy) and reproduced by Aaron Gjermundson as well as a drill jig for the hand rails and a fishbelly center sill and crossbearers.
The donated kit comes from Des Plaines Hobbies/Centraila Shops and will include the correct IMWX 40-forty-foot boxcar with the Viking Roof.
Archer Fine Rivets will contribute the rivet decals that will be needed to recreate a car for the CNW/CMO.
5th Avenue Car Shops is working on the CNW/CCMO white decals.
Seeing how the ends will be useful for another rebuilt for Rock Island as well as the Ft. Dodge, Des Moines & Southern car SHAKE N TAKE will make available the compete resin parts to reproduce these cars as "aftermarket."
We will also offer in the month following the event (read as mid February) we will offer ends for the Santa Fe's BX28 and BX31 rebuild programs from their owned fleet of USRA Double Sheathed cars.
Jon Greedy will open with the documentation of the CNW/CMO and Rock Island and Ft.D.D.M,& S. cars and Richard Hendrickson will focus on the Santa Fe rebuilt cars.
The Aftermarket parts will have a separate sign up sheet.
I will post the SIGN UP Sheet and AFTERMARKET Sheet separately.

Thank You,
Greg Martin
Norman Maclean