Re: Tru-color paint

Alexander Schneider Jr

Al's Hobby Shop in Elmhurst IL has a rack of this paint, as does Des Plaines Hobbies. Not that I'm suggesting you drive to the Chicago area, but Tru-Color seems to be filling the shelf space abandoned by Floquil and Pollyscale.

Alex Schneider

From: "cepropst@q.com"
To: STMFC
Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:42 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Tru-color paint

I finally squirted some Tru-color paint yesterday. I bought a bottle of some UP freight car color from a vendor last summer at the St Louis RPM meet thinking it would be a redder hue than most. Yesterday I airbrushed it on the underside of one of two Pennsy X29s I’d just finished, thinking it might look ok on them. I was surprised to see that the color looked just like the color of a UP box car  :  )) Much browner than I was thinking it look. The stuff sprayed well right out of the bottle with a nice gloss and cleaned up with acetone.
Of course I didn’t spray the rest of the cars with that color, but now that I’ve tried it I will be buying more. Hopefully I can find a vendor before the St Louis meet....
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa