Re: C&BT reefer roof

Andy Sperandeo

Hello Ed,

I made a jig to hold the C&BT roof for a lengthwise cut with a razor saw, then used an NWSL True Sander to sand half the excess width from each roof section. After cementing the roof back together, I used a chisel blade to scrape the ledge under the eaves to a more realistic height. All of this really improved the car's proportions, and the running board hid the seam at the peak of the roof. But after I'd done two or three cars this way, I learned that the InterMountain car was coming and stopped building the C&BT kits. (Anybody want to buy some? I'll make you a good price!)

It occurs to me now that since InterMountain sells parts, you could buy its roofs to put on C&BT carbodies. But I think I'll stick to the IM kits and r-t-r cars.

Merry Christmas,

Andy