Re: Overland Models #3131: ACF Double Dome Tank Car 8,000 gal.

Tim O'Connor

Stuart

http://www.brasstrains.com/classic/Product/Detail/053076/HO-Brass-Model-Train-OMI-3131-ACF-Double-Dome-8-000-Gallon-Tank-Car

Elden Gatwood posted that it matches a certain SHPX car, but I've
never seen a photo of the prototype and Elden did not identify the
car number.

Nor has Richard Hendrickson; he has posted previously on the subject
that this car was invented by Tom Marsh of Overland Models.

Nevertheless it's a handsome model and who's going to know? :-) Certainly
only one or maybe two people at my train club would even have a clue.

Now OMI #3230, a GATC 10,000 double dome insulated tank car, actually
does have a prototype that was shown in an Overland flyer -- NIPX #8.

Tim O'Connor

Does anyone know the prototype for this model, which shippers/railroads owned it, whether any decals are available for it or even the era it ran?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Best wishes,

Stuart A. Forsyth
forsyth@usa.net