Re: double sheathed & single sheathed - most common in the early 1950s???

Richard Hendrickson

On Dec 13, 2013, at 6:39 PM, fgexbill@... wrote:

Hi Richard, I am not sure what you are referring to. My Speedwitch model was decaled using one of the photos from my collection for placement and car number, likewise the Tichy model, but the Tichy model has the wrong style of peaked metal roof.
Sorry for the confusion, Bill.  You are correct that the Tichy roof is wrong.  The peaked roofs on these cars were home made of flat sheet metal with welded seams.  It would be relatively simple to model correctly by simply removing the running boards, filing off the seam caps on the Tichy roof, scoring at the locations of the weld seams, and cementing small styrene rods (e.g., .010) into the score marks to represent the seams.  Whether you want to go that effort is, of course, your call.

Richard Hendrickson